Responsible for supporting production activities at Roebuck Operations. Responsible for daily operations decisions, setting production priorities, troubleshooting issues and continual improvement. Ensure that programs, processes, and capabilities are in place to reliably manufacture products in a safe and economical manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow all plant safety requirements and participate in activities to continuously improve safety performance. Lead/participate in department and site safety initiatives.
- Set an example for all operations personnel in terms of quality of work and quantity of work while supporting safety and other rules and policies with the goal of satisfying customers.
- Set clear and challenging standards for consistency and quality of work, safety and housekeeping, and conduct toward others. Provide prompt and appropriate feedback.
- Effectively set priorities by both urgency and importance and allocates resources appropriately.
- Coach Team Managers to become strong leaders. Provide continual coaching and feedback. Use the Development and Coaching process to provide meaningful opportunities for growth.
- Use the disciplinary process fairly and consistently.
- Facilitate, direct, and lead by example without doing others’ work.
- Become an expert and primary resource in equipment history and performance control and process dynamics, policies and operating procedures, costs and standards, and process improvement opportunities.
- Drive programs to ensure reliability, eliminate unplanned downtime, and maximize the use of production resources.
- Help develop and aggressively support measures and programs that minimize yield losses, energy usage, wastewater and air pollution control loads, maintenance, and labor.
- Meet or exceed all cost standards/budgets.
- Respond promptly to associate needs regarding safety, productivity and improvement ideas.
- Establish an atmosphere that promotes constant emphasis on personal and process safety.
- Serve on the emergency response team and remain calm and decisive during emergencies.
Other Essential Criteria:
- Participate in Site Leadership Team and contribute to establishing site quality objectives.
- Must be able to support and be aligned with business goals by contributing to the Company’s quality objectives.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to satisfy the Core Competencies for the role.
Support the Team Managers who have direct reports in production roles. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- BS in chemical engineering, chemistry, or related field with strong manufacturing background. A minimum of 10 years of experience is preferred.
- Knowledge: Working knowledge of process safety management principles, management of change processes, process hazard analysis process, capital development process, statistical quality measures and general shift operations management.
- Communication: Requires excellent verbal and written skills. Must have the ability to reach and train others both in formal and informal environments. Must be a change agent for the site. Integrity and passion for safety and continuous improvement must be evident in daily manner.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 55 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet