Global Supply Chain Services (GSO/GN) manages import and export operations including inbound and outbound air and maritime transportation. They are a link between customers, supply chain units, operative logistics, service providers (shipping companies, freight forwarders), global freight procurement and the various manufacturing sites. The group looks to optimize cost while ensuring the varying needs of our customers and business units are met.
Senior Operational Vendor Management
- Serve as Unit lead responsible for assigned services, team development, head count planning, and cost centers
- Steer and develop LLP(s) / 3PL(s), and maximize their value realized through close relationship and intensive collaboration in the area of Import / Export Operations and Transportation Planning and Execution
- Lead service delivery management, service requests, structural and tactical escalation management (beyond single order basis)
- Define, monitor, analyze and rate service provider (LLP/3PL) performance against target KPI's, PI’s, and SLA's
- Analyze and provide opportunities for improvement, optimization and effective management of LLP/3PL and carrier operations, incl. structural improvements with business units/service provider.
- Develop risk assessment as well as contingency plans, and ensure respective measures
Formula for Success: You Will…
- Manage continuous improvement of overall transportation management, carrier and service provider operations
- Manage OVM Managers for the improvement of transport performance incl. partnership to LLP/carriers, process, communication etc. (e.g. increased value across the entire supply chain (door to door) and minimize potential business disruption)
- Review and monitor NC reports. Escalates report to Freight Purchasing and contributes to LLP performance evaluation
- Monitor continuous improvement process of OVM (incl. action definition, monitoring of execution and best practice sharing)
- Derive opportunities for improvement and optimization based on the evaluation of performance and service level agreements
- Lead risk management of LLP/3PL partnership and overall transport management
- Steer the identification and assessment of risks and ensure their inclusion in the contingency planning
- Ensure communication of risks to all affected stakeholder where appropriate as well as knowledge exchange across teams
- Supervise and align contingency plan execution; incl. contingency plan updates
- Manage supplier Management and Supplier Development (LLP/3PLs)
- Conduct supplier management reviews and contribute to the review of the overall supplier development, operating model and strategy; incl. e.g. identification and recommendation of strategic opportunities (operational and commercial) as input for the key and strategic supplier plans
- Counterpart for the supplier development
- Provide input and support LLP services cost management and act as interface to Controlling
- Represent the partnership and the projects conducted by the partnership with other internal organizations and functions
- Ensure LLP adherence to company standards, compliance procedures (regarding e.g. operations, cost, security, EHS, etc.), and to local, state and federal regulatory requirements
- In case LLP needs to be replaced, substantiate decision making, and support change management in period of transition and implementation of alternative
Work environment: The vast majority of the work performed by the Senior, Operational Vendor Manager will be self-directed with limited approval required by his/her supervisor.
Business environment: This position will be responsible for the successful integration of a new LLP and the roll out of a new service concept for the businesses.
Internal and external relationships: Extensive contact with external service providers; both the LLP and all of our LSP. Daily interaction with direct staff and other members of the NTS/GN organization. Periodic meetings with Supply Chain Directors for each of the businesses in North America.
Qualifications - Our Client recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You…
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Master’s degree in business administration or similar education is a plus.
- Chemical and/or manufacturing environment experience is preferred.
- Minimum 10 years supply chain experience with an understanding of the entire order to delivery process with expertise in import / export operations and transport management with at least 3 of those years in service / solution deployment and management is required.
- Minimum 3 years supervisory experience with proven leadership and management skills.
- SAP R3; order to cash; root cause analysis, and transportation knowledge is required
- Contract / KPI / SLA management knowledge.
- Lean Six Sigma (yellow belt) – required.