You will provide guidance and support to sites in the hub as the subject matter expert in these programs, and to act as coordinator for submittal of annual EPCRA Tier 2 and SARA 313 Toxic Release Inventory (TRI) reports.
On a local level, this position oversees the Freeport, TX site RCRA permit and associated plans, and the on-site waste management program.
Formula for Success: You Will…
- Consult on RCRA and waste related issues: Provide guidance and regulatory interpretations to compliance engineers, EHS Specialist, and managers at the Freeport site and the other sites in the Texas hub. Assist Pasadena CP site with RCRA permit renewal and modifications.
- Provide Reports and Plans: Compile, review, and organize data for submittal of the following reports for multiple sites: TX Annual Waste Summary, EPCRA Tier Two, SARA TRI, Responsible Care, TX Pollution Prevention (P2). Prepare Best Management Practices (BMP) Plans, Spill Prevention Control & Countermeasures (SPCC) Plans and P2 Plans.
- Administer site waste management program: Review analytical data, review and sign waste profiles for off-site waste shipments, provide guidance and direction to the on-site waste contractor. Prepare and submit monthly hazardous waste fee calculations and check requests.
- Coordinate submittal of EPCRA Tier 2 and SARA TRI reports by other hub sites. Provide guidance and assistance, review reports and provide comments/suggested edits.
- Audit prep/assist: Assist Freeport site operations during internal audits. Provide regulatory interpretations and information relative to compliance.
- Host personnel from regulating agencies (EPA and/or TCEQ) during audits of the RCRA/solid waste program. Ensure the Freeport site is providing documentation relative to the requirements. Interpret regulations associated with compliance. Assist other sites in the hub during agency audits.
- Spill cleanup oversight: Review AIMS reports, assist operating units with clean up targets and goals, review analytical data to ensure spills are cleaned up to state standards, file reports with internal and external customers. Assist operation units by recommending outside consultant as needed. Evaluate proposals and reports provided by consultants. Assist Pasadena CP with remediation and assessment needs.
- Provide annual RCRA training to Compliance Engineers and EHS Specialist and train new Compliance Engineers in CE boot camps.
Qualifications - Our Client recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
- BS degree in engineering, chemistry, environmental science, or related field.
- Minimum of 8 years of Business experience with 5 years’ experience in environmental.
- Experience with RCRA and State of Texas rules for managing industrial solid waste and hazardous waste, Tier 2 and TRI reporting is required. Experience with RCRA permit renewals and modifications is preferred. Experience with the Texas Risk Reduction Program (TRRP) and with the Texas Underground Injection Well Program is desired.
- Thorough working knowledge of RCRA, EPCRA 311, 312, and 313, and State of Texas solid waste regulations and the ability to interpret regulations and provide guidance on applicability and practical application of regulatory requirements.
- Interpersonal, problem solving, organizational skills are essential. Must be able to negotiate with internal and external customers. Must have written and oral skills so as to effectively communicate regulatory requirements.
- Should be able to interpret analytical data collected in order to characterize and profile waste streams for on-site and off-site treatment, storage, and disposal.