The Procurement Manager will be responsible for the strategic procurement of raw materials, logistics, and indirects. This role is responsible for the development, negotiations and implementation of the strategic sourcing plans for assigned commodities/suppliers. Will proactively provide and implement proposals/suggestions regarding commodities and improve the interfaces with senior business leaders and other functions such as supply chain, sales, R&D, etc.
- Effectively manage a broad portfolio in terms of ensuring security of supply, minimizing working capital requirements, and driving productivity.
- Negotiate all aspects of supply contracts to drive value through pricing, payment terms, logistics, volumes, etc.
- Develop and document strategic procurement strategies.
- Become an expert of the market dynamics of assigned commodities and be able to translate these into value added agreements with selected suppliers.
- Actively engage the global procurement team to coordinate and leverage strategies on a global basis
- Develop strong internal relationships with relevant business partners.
- Coordinate and assist in the development of monthly and annual price forecasts
- Optimize cash flow aspects of assigned commodities
- Partner with Product Development Chemists to determine raw material needs for new products
- Frequent communication with Sales Representatives pertaining to cost fluctuations of raw materials as it affects cost of products
- Manage $30-50M of procurement of raw materials annually
- Work closely with Plant Scheduling Manager to ensure timely shipment of raw materials needed for production
- Travel 25%
- Will manage Indirect Transactional Buyer located in Roebuck, SC
a) Strategic Focus & Direction
- Provides solutions to the businesses they support by establishing credibility and trust with business partners and with external suppliers. Proactive about identifying opportunities and demonstrates a bias towards action in response to issues as they occur.
- Knowledgeable about current and future raw material and market trends as well as continuously learns about the business requirements
b) Trust & Teamwork
- Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills that enhance teamwork
- Places high value on communication, exhibiting a level of transparency and encouraging the sharing of information
c) Personal Leadership
- Embraces Synthomer’s core values and beliefs and employs them on a daily basis in interactions within and outside the organization
d) Achieve Business Results
- Demonstrates good judgment incorporating risk management to create both immediate and long term value
- Consistently achieves results in a manner consistent with Synthomer’s core values and beliefs
- Makes sound decisions utilizing data analytics
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Chemical Engineering or Chemistry. A Master’s degree is strongly preferred.
- 5-7 years relevant experience preferably in the Chemicals Industry in Procurement, Sales, or Supply Chain
- Knowledge of current technologies related to: market analysis, supply chain optimization, and procurement.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills with an attention to detail
- Demonstrated negotiation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Procurement experience in a manufacturing environment strongly preferred
- Prior management experience