Job Id: 3029
Location: Houston, TX
Job Type: DirectHire
- Managing lab personnel.
- Maintaining QA lab equipment.
- Achieving all ISO compliance.
- Leading new product introduction efforts.
- Troubleshooting problem batches at the plant.
- Serving as a resource for the process engineers.
- Maintain quality specifications for products and raw materials.
- Drives changes to manufacturing plant QA lab on method support and testing support.
- Develops and initiates process and project improvements.
- Manages daily QA metrics.
- Manages Quality Team insuring safety procedures and work practices are being followed and that QA Lab equipment and personnel are achieving ISO compliance.
- Leads new product introduction efforts as well as troubleshooting problem batches.
- Mentor, coach, and develop Quality Team.
- Help troubleshoot batches for chemistry and/or raw material related issues.
- Researches customer complaints, if needed.
- Manages quality systems for ISO compliance.
- Lead plant projects and initiatives including but not limited to cycle time improvement projects.
- Will play an integral part in Six Sigma activities.
- BS Degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering required
- 5+ years working in a quality or analytical chemistry role in the lab or plant
- Advanced degree a plus
- 7+ years working in a quality or analytical chemistry role in the lab or plant
- Good understanding of ISO requirements
- Knowledge of product chemistry and how spec variation affects field performance
- NMR Data Interpretation skills
- Proven record of meeting personal or department goals; motivating peers or direct reports; ushering change; and championing safety
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to a wide audience
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere
- Six Sigma experience a plus