Our Client is seeking an Environmental Specialist for our McIntyre, GA chemical manufacturing facility.
Formula for Success: You Will….
- Maintain and monitor environmental compliance programs for the site while optimizing effectiveness and efficiency of the programs.
- Maintain and update primarily air permits while providing support with the water and solid waste programs.
- Submit various agency and internal environmental reports.
- Develop and maintain site environmental procedures.
- Interface with regulatory agencies and third parties as needed on compliance and enforcement issues.
- In addition, this position provides support for the safety and industrial hygiene program. These activities involve leading accident/incident investigations, supporting the emergency response program, facilitating EHS meetings and participating in capital project EHS reviews.
Qualifications - Our Client recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You…
- BS Degree in Engineering or Science is required. Environmental regulatory knowledge and expertise are required. Three or more years of experience in implementing Environmental programs in a manufacturing arena is required. Candidates need to have detailed knowledge (theory and application) of the environmental disciplines (air, water, solid waste).
- Basic knowledge of chemical manufacturing, mining operations and/or safety/IH regulations is a plus.
- Basic computer skills (ex. Spreadsheets, word processing, database management) are essential.
- Customer Focus, Team Leadership and Teamwork, Entrepreneurial Acting/Initiative, Results Orientation, Communication, and Work Management skills are essential.