Product Development Chemist
Job Id: 3039
Location: Greenville, SC
Job Type: DirectHire
- Hands on experience in developing water based acrylic polymers for use in Adhesives, Textiles and Construction applications
- Proven track record of commercial product development success
- Exceptional project management skills
- Effective collaborator with internal and external customers
- 5 -10 years of hands-on emulsion polymer development experience; and familiarity with acrylic,styrene/acrylic, and vinyl acrylic chemistry.
- Proven success in moving products from idea, through synthesis, trials, plant scale-up and commercialization
- Knowledge of markets (PSA, construction, caulks/sealants, textiles, etc) and compounding preferred
- Skilled and experienced in addressing multiple priorities/projects with minimum direction while prioritizing and maintaining focus.
- Recognized as a valued resource for product recommendations, trials application support, quality improvements and problem solving.
- Recognized for creativity and innovation skills; demonstrated ability to meet development objectives; results driven.
- Ability to employ analytical trouble shooting tools in problem resolution and process optimization.
- Energetic; demonstrated initiative and drive.
- Structured, organized and focused; self-disciplined; minimal supervision required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to function effectively within a flat, non-hierarchical organization.
- Exceptional communication skills both internally and externally.
- Knowledge and experience with Stage Gate process and DOE methodologies preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) Lotus Notes, and experimental/statistical design software.
- Minimum BS/BA Chemistry. MS or PhD preferred.
- Rapidly develop an in-depth understanding of company’s technology base, technical and analytical capabilities, internal processes and procedures, on- going projects and priorities – and immediately begin incorporating such knowledge into daily activities.
- Synthesize and test new acrylic water-based polymers. Successfully taking new formulas from lab scale through pilot to full production.
- Regularly interface with current and prospective customers to understand their performance needs, collaborate on projects, scale up new products, and support ongoing sales.
- Project Management and Analytical Trouble Shooting - Conduct short and long term projects to achieve technical goals within agreed upon time and cost parameters.
- Provide initial and on-going technical support for pilot and commercial production for finished products and raw materials.
- Support and fulfill the responsibilities required by the Quality, Safety and Regulatory processes and procedures.
- Regularly make a positive contribution to marketing and project development activities.
- Guide, mentor and role model continuous improvement of the product development and technical support capabilities within the technical group.
- Regularly attend and present at Industry Symposiums
- This is a unique opportunity to join a financially stable, well- positioned, growth-focused business, providing an ideal work environment for bright, hard working, down to earth individuals that are most productive working in a casual, friendly work atmosphere. This business is recognized and respected within the industry as a provider of high-value products, and excellent service and after-sale support within the market segments they focus on.
- This position will be supporting a strategically important area of the business for which further growth and investment is anticipated.
Our Client is a global company based in London, UK with major operations in UK, Germany, Malaysia and USA. The position will have regular interactions with other global regions.