· Implementing and auditing of OSHA programs and policies including understanding corporate policy and local procedures, performing behavior observations and compliance evaluations, and auditing.
· Participating or leading incident reporting and investigations, including Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
· Managing and driving to completion open action items that result from PSM Audits, PHAs, and other compliance Audits.
· Facilitate and conduct Safety Meetings and Site Specific Training for the Region.
· Auditing and monitoring of large contract and construction crews.
· Assist with shutdowns, confined space entries, and other high priority jobs.
· Evaluate working conditions and recommend improvements in safety and health methods, practices, and procedures.
· Advise management, operations, and project/maintenance teams in matters that assure compliance with federal, state, local and corporate rules and regulations pertaining to employee health and safety. Acting as the local subject matter expert or resource.
· Investigate accidents to identify causes and to determine how such accidents might be prevented in the future.
· Assure that various reports are filed with appropriate agencies in accordance with applicable safety regulations including specific requirements of permits or regulations for the various facilities.
· Conduct formal and informal audits of physical facilities and compliance related programs and procedures.
· Actively promote safe and environmentally friendly work processes within the facilities.
· Conduct Emergency Response drills and work with local emergency response agencies within the Texas Gulf Coast area.
· Assist in contractor safety programs.
· Assist other ES&H team members with company initiatives and overall implementation of ES&H Department Goals.
Minimum Essential Qualifications
· A college degree, or 6+ years of directly related experience with CSP, ASP, CIH, or other degreed professional certifications considered.
· 5 years of experience implementing and leading formal safety management systems in an industrial operation, especially in Process Safety Management.
· The physical ability to be in the plant to perform inspections and audits.
· Effective communication skills to work closely with regulators, inspectors, and all levels of personnel
· Ability to lift, push, and pull 50 pounds.
· Ability to work in changing climate conditions and a plant environment.
· Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
· Follow and adhere to all applicable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
· The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
· Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Regular and Reliable Attendance