· Title V compliance - ensuring monitoring, recordkeeping, and reporting compliance. Prepare deviation reports and annual compliance certifications. Implement and improve compliance tracking systems.
· New Source Review Permits – work with Corporate and local engineering and operations personnel on authorizations new or modified sources, permit renewals, and permit modifications.
· NPDES, TPDES, and storm water – work towards compliance with all water and wastewater permits.
· SPCC and SWP3 – Learn and participate in the regions SPCC and SWP3 programs.
· CERCLA, SARA, and State Superfund programs. Participate with the environmental team in gathering and reporting data, as needed. Working with Corporate ES&H on regulatory reporting.
· Waste management with focus on RCRA requirements and reporting rules.
· Provide assistance in resolving issues concerning environmental compliance.
· Assist with compliance audits and as needed assist with resolution of issues generated from reviews, inspections, and incident investigations.
· Participate in related environmental programs and procedures to ensure compliance and continuous improvement.
· Develop and understanding of applicable regulations and relationships with local agencies.
· Help implement and maintain an effective filing system that helps demonstrate compliance with all legal and other requirements.
· Interface with Regulatory Agencies as necessary.
Minimum Essential Qualifications
· B.S. in life sciences, environmental sciences, engineering or related science degree. Will consider other degrees only where candidate 2+ years of direct experience as an Environmental Specialist.
· Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license to include a safe driving record satisfactory to the company
· Intermediate level desktop computer skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
· Physical ability to access and work throughout all plant operations and accompany regulators on facility tours.
· Fluent English verbal and written skills.
· Must demonstrate strong communication skills
· Ability to travel away overnight periodically, as needed, for training or company events.
· Ability to be flexible and manage change.
· Ability to organize and work self-sufficiently given direction and resources.
· 3+ years of related experience in a manufacturing or consulting environment through previous work, co-op, or internship.
· 8+ years of experience – will consider hiring as Senior Environmental Specialist.