Responsible for maintaining site environmental excellence in compliance by assisting plant in maintaining environmental compliance through review of existing programs, updating plant procedures and recordkeeping in order to meet current regulatory requirements; training plant personnel on environmental aspects of their positions while maintaining proficiency in major areas of environmental regulations.
Assist plant in maintaining compliance with state and environmental regulations.
- Become proficient in state and federal environmental regulations in:
o Hazardous Waste
o Solid Waste
o Water Quality
o Air Emissions
- Department of Transportation Regulations
- Manage both state and federal inspections. Prepare environmental reporting for state and federal agencies.
- Evaluate environmental regulations and develop management, training and audit programs.
Prepare and review necessary documentation to maintain compliance with state and federal reporting requirements.
- Work with plants to gather necessary information.
- Coordinate assembly of plant data into reporting requirements.
- Review with management to educate on impact to business unit performance.
Develop and obtain necessary environmental permit and permit modifications to maintain compliance.
- Understand plant processes that require permitting under various environmental regulations.
- Apply understanding to pursue necessary permits to maintain compliance.
- Prepare necessary documentation.
Develop skills necessary to represent company's interest in industrial and governmental arena.
- Develop contacts in regulatory and industrial communities.
- Attend meetings and monitor for company changes in regulatory and industrial climate in state.
- Assist site Plant Manager in governmental compliance audits.
Assist in development of programs and policies to reduce costs.
- Identify opportunities at both plants to reduce costs associated with environmental activities (waste disposal, air emissions, etc).
- Assist in development of necessary documentation and justifications to implement.
- Develop future capital and operating cost projections for site compliance.
Support plant EHS personnel in day to day activities.
- Review plant practices and operations to determine areas for improvement.
- Assist in training of new employees in environmental performance at each plant.
- Support plant personnel where necessary to maintain environmental performance.
Review and develop comments on proposed regulations which directly affect company interests.
- Monitor regulatory publications such as Federal Register, State Register, and other publications which may affect the facility.
- Develop comments to educate governmental officials on the impact of the regulation.
- B.S. in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or Environmental Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years in industrial/chemical manufacturing.
- Environmental or regulatory background preferred.
- Must have thorough knowledge of environmental regulations
- Must have understanding of chemical processes and manufacturing facility
- Must have excellent organizational skills including multi-tasking
- Must have project management skills
- Must have excellent computer skills
- Must have communication, presentation, and teamwork skills
- Must have excellent problem-solving ability