Trispyrian's Client is a global leader in transforming natural gas into nitrogen. The chemical processes they use ensure we have the nitrogen we need to support life on earth - from fertilizer that feeds the crops that feed the world to products that remove harmful emissions from industrial activities. Through our nine world-class manufacturing complexes and best-in-class distribution system, our Client serves agricultural and industrial customers. We invite you to be a part of our nearly 3,000 employees making a difference every day.
This position is accountable for providing technical/maintenance planning support to the maintenance department for the electrical distribution and the plant’s instrumentation and control systems. The Instrument and Electrical (I&E) Planner is responsible for planning daily maintenance work, outage, and long-term project work. The I&E Planner will work in the plants WMIS system to plan jobs for execution by the I&E technicians and contractors including preparing job packages, ordering parts, and identifying resources for the specific job. Other tasks include, but are not limited to analyzing a technical problem, field checking, specifying applicable equipment, developing cost and scheduling estimates. The planner is responsible to ensure safety by incorporating company standards, government codes, and sound engineering practices.
- Maintain flow of the work order system ensuring all work requested by the customer is completed on a timely basis as indicated by the work priority.
- Work with Procurement, Engineering and outside suppliers as required to order all non-stock parts and materials required to complete any given task and lists them in the work order.
- Maintains equipment records, such as Bills of Material and specification sheets, within the electronic maintenance management system.
- Maintains, and updates as necessary, a preventative maintenance program.
- Participates in planning detailed shutdown and turnaround work.
- Develops a plan for completion of all the work orders, including an estimate of the labor required and a listing of the parts or materials needed.
- Specifies and reserves the stock materials necessary for completion of the job and lists in the job plan.
- Specifies tools and special equipment necessary for completion of the work order.
- Completes the job plan and forwards the work order to the supervisor for assignment.
- Consults with supervisors, contractors and/or technicians during job execution as necessary
- Works with Production, Engineering, and Maintenance to coordinate installation, maintenance, enhancement and upgrade of the plant DCS Control System.
- Responds to Plant operations as necessary to troubleshoot and repair plant electrical, instrumentation, and DCS Control System.
- Helps develop the criteria for preventative maintenance frequencies
- Prepares job plans including required tools, documentation, and procedures nessisary.
- Monitors PM efficiency and backlog status and takes actions to maintain completion compliance.
- Reviews all field data for completeness, consults with maintenance supervision, and recommends corrective action or further repairs.
- Prepares job summaries for entry into the equipment history files.
- Monitors equipment history for frequent failures or for excessive repair costs.
- Insures that the Management of Change (MOC) in maintenance procedures and operating procedures, that are a result of modifying current equipment or a new installation, are communicated with other departments.
- Monitors new technology for ideas to reduce cost and improve plant on-stream time.
- Troubleshoots equipment problems and recommends solutions as appropriate.
- Plans all non-emergency work orders in a timely manner with Production and Maintenance Supervision.
- Maintains close communication with all levels of supervision.
- Insures that proper safety procedures are specified and documented on all planned jobs.
- On-Call when needed.
- Understands and complies with established departmental processes and procedures designed to support internal controls efforts. Identifies and brings to the attention of department management internal controls deficiencies.
- Support site EHS activities through compliance with all environmental, health and safety policies/procedures, and through active participation in EHS programs and initiatives. Support the initiatives of continuous improvement through teamwork and the application of the quality planning and improvement principles.
- Support the initiatives of continuous improvement through teamwork and the application of the quality planning and improvement principles.
1. A certified Instrument Technician, planner, or a Licensed Electrician with 5 years’ experience working as an I&E technician in an industrial chemical setting preferred.
2. Solid communication skills including the ability to compose written documents and interact effectively with peers and supervisors.
3. Strong analytical, troubleshooting and decision making skills.
4. Strong knowledge of temperature, pressure, flow and level instruments.
5. Have good general knowledge of PC software applications, including Word, Excel and Outlook and able to adapt to electronic maintenance management systems and other planning tools.
6. Results oriented and strong initiative.
7. Good interpersonal skills combined with the ability to work as a team player.
8. Must be able to climb towers and enter confined spaces and the ability to lift 50 lbs.
9. Knowledge of high voltage equipment 480V, 4160V.
10. Able to identify needs and opportunity and work independently to achieve goals.
11. Ability to provide directions to and work with others to achieve the desired outcomes.
12. Requires being capable of handling several projects and support activities simultaneously.
13. Strong troubleshooting and system support skills.
14. Requires attention to detail and strong organizational skills.