Trispyrian connects bright people with great companies. To learn more about our Engineering and Environmental search practice, visit www.trispyrian.com .
Our client, a global leader in the chemical manufacturing and biotechnology industries, is seeking a Sr. Process Engineer - Climate Change and Energy Management. This allows the opportunity to help build an Energy Management program with an established company.
The main tasks, responsibilities and authorities of this position are:
- Develop regional multi-year programs, driving the GHG emission in the region down.
Regional multi-year plans will need to be aligned with the global program, with focus on available CAPEX, timing and contribution to the target realization.
- Define and execute feasibility studies and prepare preliminary designs, cost estimates and timelines.
- Advise on the deployment of technical resources on the various sites in the region to support the realization of Company's climate change objectives.
- If present, point out to site management the gap between required and available resources on a site for executing the GHG emission reduction projects.
- Support creating awareness and an engaged culture on GHG emission reduction in the region.
Provide advice and practices to increase awareness on the various sites in the region. Engagement programs will need to be implemented by local teams, supported by site management teams.
- Support to safeguard SHE & Security requirements
The Sr process engineer Climate change identifies the relevant SHE and Security aspects of the feasibility studies he/she is executing.
Our ideal candidate has
- An academic level: Technical University: Mechanical (process related)/Process Technology / Biotechnology
- Extensive knowledge of own specific field of expertise / technical discipline.
- Good knowledge of adjacent fields of expertise / technical disciplines.
- Good knowledge on project management techniques in a technical environment.
- Good knowledge of Company work processes (a.o. PMP, Large & Small Capital Projects, Operational, Technology Transfer, etc). and investment estimating methods.
- Good knowledge of Company Requirements and its associated safety studies.
- Good knowledge of relevant production processes
- A basic knowledge of Business Finance.
- Minimum 8 years of proven experience in process engineering preferably in a Life Science or Material Science environment, in which process improvement has been a considerable part of the work. Experience and a passion in the field of energy saving and GHG emission reduction.
- Good communication skills, both in writing and in speech, able to connect to various people and sites
- Excellent proficiency in English (verbal and in writing).
- The Flexibility to travel 20 - 40 % of the time, mostly in the region.