his position provides environmental engineering support to the plant on air, water and waste issues. It also monitors and maintains environmental programs as assigned to ensure compliance in accordance with federal/state/local regulations.
Key Job Elements:
1. Assists with the monitoring of environmental requirements and plant operations: works closely with the operations team to ensure that the facility remains compliant with federal and state regulations..
2. Responsible for monitoring compliance with Title V air permit, NESHAP and NSPS requirements, Continuous Emissions Monitoring Systems, GHG Mandatory Reporting Rule, CERCLA/EPCRA Continuous Release Report and Toxic Release Inventory, and other relevant air regulations.
3. Responsible for gathering information and performing calculations for routine reports to federal and state agencies, and for the maintenance of such records and files.
4. Serves as a key resource for plant operations and assists with daily environmental concerns, capital projects, and other initiatives.
5. Assists with air permit applicability determinations and oversees permit modification efforts as needed.
6. Participates in training, stack testing, managing outside services, and other project management as necessary to maintain compliance with environmental regulations.
7. Provides written and verbal interface with regulatory bodies and other outside parties via letters, e-mails, phone calls, and in-person meetings as needed.
8. Assists or leads incident investigations and reports for environmental incidents.
9. May provide assistance with Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasures (SPCC) Plan, Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP), Risk Management Plan (RMP), and other EHS initiatives as required.
10. May perform environmental training duties as needed.
1. Engineering degree from an ABET accredited university, preferably chemical or environmental.
2. Industrial environmental experience desired, with preference for chemical industry and/or air permit compliance experience.
3. Knowledge of state, local, and U.S. Government regulations (OSHA, EPA, etc.). 4. Position requires effective organizational skills, time management skills, and well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
5. Ability to effectively interact with all levels of the organization.