This position is accountable for providing technical/maintenance supervision support to Instrumentation and Electrical (I&E) supervisors, Instrument and Electrical planners and I&E contract personnel. The I&E Maintenance Superintendent is responsible for day to day maintenance activities and long-term maintenance planning. The superintendent will work in the plants Work Management Information System (WMIS) system to oversee work to be performed by the I&E technicians and contractors. Other tasks include, but are not limited to analyzing a technical problem, field checking, specifying applicable equipment, developing cost and scheduling estimates. The I&E maintenance superintendent is responsible to ensure design safety by incorporating CF standards, government codes, and sound engineering design practices.
Key Job Elements:
- Position reports directly to the Maintenance Manager and supervises the activities of the I&E Planners, and I&E Supervisors. Position works directly with Electrical and DCS engineers, maintenance clerk, facility and shutdown planners as well as diverse work groups outside of the maintenance department.
- Ensures safe execution of all routine and/or turnaround mechanical maintenance work.
- Ensures safe execution of all, electrical, and instrumentation work for planned and unplanned plant outages.
- Ensure work planned by the I&E planner is executed in a professional manner and work is of the highest quality.
- Ensures I&E technicians are trained in the maintenance of all systems at the site via a training/progression program involving manufacturers, vendors, and site specific information.
- Develops and ensures adherence to maintenance budgets.
- Develops and maintains a working relationship with the many diverse customers who compete for your attention and maintenance resources by correctly prioritizing activities.
- Develops and maintains a network of contacts to provide the goods and services required during activities.
- Ensures that outside services can be provided as needed for any of the equipment activities. This includes coordinating with safety and security personnel to assure that outside contractors and vendors adhere to CFs procedures and provide a smooth transition when entering and exiting the plant site.
- Works with procurement, engineering, operations and outside suppliers as required.
- Ensures the Preventative Maintenance (PM) program is maintained, and updated as necessary.
- Helps develop the criteria for preventative maintenance frequencies in conjunction with the Maintenance Manager, engineers, supervisors, and planners.
- Monitors PM completion efficiency and backlog and recommends actions to maintain completion compliance.
- Insures that the Management of Change (MOC) in maintenance procedures and operating procedures, that are a result of modifying current equipment or a new installation, are communicated with other departments.
- Monitors new technology for ideas to reduce cost and improve plant on-stream time.
- Troubleshoots equipment problems and recommends solutions as appropriate.
- Maintains close communication with all levels of supervision.
- Understands and complies with established departmental processes and procedures designed to support internal controls efforts. Identifies and brings to the attention of department management internal controls deficiencies.
- Supports site EHS activities through compliance with all environmental, health and safety policies/procedures, and through active participation in EHS programs and initiatives.
- Supports the initiatives of continuous improvement through teamwork and the application of the quality planning and improvement principles.
1. A bachelors degree in EE or Instrumentation engineering preferred with 5 years experience working as an engineer, supervisor and/or planner preferably in an industrial chemical setting. Previous supervision experience preferred.
2. Solid communication skills including the ability to compose written documents and interact effectively with peers and supervisors.
3. Works in a safe manner that promotes EHS goals of the plant and the company.
4. Strong analytical, troubleshooting and decision making skills.
5. Strong knowledge of asset maintenance as well as maintenance practices and procedures.
6. Good general knowledge of PC software applications, including Word, Excel and Outlook and able to utilize an electronic maintenance management software.
7. Results oriented and initiative.
8. Good interpersonal skills combined with the ability to work as a team player. 9. Must be able to climb stairs, enter confined spaces, and able to lift 50 lbs.
10. Ability to provide directions to and work with others to achieve the desired outcomes including the ability to promote and develop employees.
11.Requires being capable of handling several projects and support activities simultaneously.