Trispyrian connects bright people with great companies. To learn more about Engineering and Environmental job opportunities, visit www.trispyrian.com . This position is open to contract, contract-to-hire or direct hire candidates.
Our Client, a leader in the Oil & Gas Midstream industry, is seeking an Environmental Specialist. In this role, the Environmental Specialist will be responsible for coordinating, leading, implementing, and supporting the environmental compliance and permitting programs across company operations, particularly focusing on air permitting and compliance activities. This specialist will interface with all levels of company employees and will develop and implement plans and processes that meet critical environmental, compliance and business objectives. This position will report to the Manager of Environmental and will be located in Ohio or West Virginia at the offices of our client.
- Evaluate environmental air permitting requirements for proposed, ongoing, and modified assets and operations.
- Oversee / manage preparation and submittal of permit applications and compliance reporting efforts.
- Develop effective working relationships with site management, employees, and the EHS community to drive continuous improvement in environmental performance.
- Provide input to the Manager of Environmental in assessing site environmental performance.
- Work with Environmental Compliance Coordinators to maintain environmental records and prepare various reports for assigned facilities.
- Provide technical and regulatory expertise to ensure compliance and continued improvement of environmental programs.
- Participate in and support compliance audits as needed.
- Supporting interface with regulatory agencies and third parties, as needed, on environmental compliance and enforcement issues.
- Prepare for / attend / respond to regulatory agency inspections, meetings, concerns, findings, etc.
- Knowledge and application of environmental regulations, compliance, and permitting programs, specifically Clean Air Act, NSPS, NESHAP, NSR, OEPA, WVDEP.
- Develop and implement work processes, tools and procedures to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Prefer a practical understanding of oil and gas midstream facilities operations and maintenance.
- 2+ years of experience involving some aspect of environmental compliance preferred.
- Prefer direct experience working for an oil and gas pipeline or midstream owner/operating company.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; history of effective communication in difficult or high stress situations.
- Strong leadership skills; acting as subject matter expert for problem-solving and analysis.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, deal with interruptions, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced and growth- oriented environment.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in natural gas industry, midstream sector preferred.