Our Client creates chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. Our Client has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2017. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
Our Client is seeking a professional like you to promote and drive industrial hygiene program management by ensuring occupational and environmental hygiene regulations and workplace safety standards comply in accordance to corporate and regulatory requirements for our manufacturing and technical communities. This role will also support and travel to facilities located in Elyria, OH and Amherst, NY.
Qualifications - Our Client recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Formula for Success
- Leveraging your educational and/or professional background you will apply your specialized knowledge of chemistry/toxicology, industrial hygiene and biological science to identify and propose mitigation for occupational and environmental hygiene hazards (stressors) that could lead to injury, illness, or impairment (e.g. chemical exposure, hazard communication, hearing conservation, indoor air quality, lock-out/tag-out, personal protective equipment (PPE), respiratory protection, etc.), conduct workplace assessments, investigations and hazard identification, and lead responsible management of corporate, local, state and federal programs and initiatives to improve workplace operations and control hazards (e.g. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)).
- Successfully engaging across the organization, you will proactively identify and prioritize opportunities, develop sustainable solutions, execute operational plans, and effectively manage business relationships designed to champion continuous improvement and overall safety performance.
- Your analytical and problem-solving abilities will be essential as you navigate complex audit, compliance, and regulatory processes while managing competing priorities.
- Demonstrating your exceptional safety orientation will be vital as you collaborate and interface with business partners and functional teams where the ability to gain cooperation is critical.
- Professional certification(s) in Industrial Hygiene (CIH) or other relevant subject area is highly desirable.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
The total rewards that you receive as an employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Our Client provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.