Purpose of Job:
Directs and coordinates activities concerned with production of Company product(s) by performing the following duties. Manage capital projects of the facility to meet the short term and long term production goals as stated in the business plan.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities: (Four to ten statements of accountability which can be observed or measured.)
* Maintain compliance with and focus on company policies, MMSR's, and MSHA Regulations.
* Monitor the production rates to ensure that Specialty Hydrates operating group is meeting daily, weekly and monthly production goal as it relates to maintenance and facility assets.
* Report key production metrics.
* Manages capital budget and expenditures.
* Manages the interactions of operations.
* Prioritize planned and unplanned expenditures to stay within the boundaries of the financial plan/budget.
* Monitor and report maintenance performance including financial. Interface with Maintenance organization to review maintenance spending against plan.
* Interface with Process Specialist to coordinate Process Engineering activities as it relates to capital projects.
* Meet weekly with production and maintenance to establish maintenance plan and schedule.
* Establish reliability targets and goals for equipment and processes.
* Provide leadership for continuous improvement in the areas of safety and health, plant asset reliability, and quality to ensure a safe and continuously improving working environment for all employees.
* Utilizes engineering knowledge and skills to advance plant operations and maintenance goals
* Work with the production managers and production planner to optimize operations and maintenance activities to achieve production goals.
* Manage the TPM Program.
* Develop and optimize PMs and PM schedule and inventory of spare equipment.
* Monitor equipment operational efficiency or readiness.
* Provide technical support to operations group for the purpose of solving equipment operational issues.
* Develop, coach, and supervise Project Engineers.
* May perform other duties.
Major Challenges: (Describe a few of the major challenges involved in achieving the job's basic purpose.)
* Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into documented designs; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
* Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
* Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
* Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to deal with labor/management issues, analyze safety, industrial hygiene, and environmental statutes, regulations, and policies.
Decision Making Authority: (Indicate the limits and controls on the job's authority.)
Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning and assigning work; appraising performance, rewarding, and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering from a four-year college or university and a minimum of five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum three years experience leading and developing employees. Experience working in a union facility preferred.
Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential. Ability to read, interpret, and write safety regulations, environmental and industrial hygiene guidelines to ensure compliance. Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees, management and vendors.